Working together: The Municipality of Port Hope, Department of Parks, Recreation and Culture, HKPR District Health Unit, Port Hope Community Health Centre, YMCA Northumberland, Northumberland Sports Council, Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario, The Government of Ontario and the Northumberland United Way are committed to:
• developing and implementing open access policies with physical activity providers
• eliminating access to equipment as a barrier
• promoting free opportunities for physical activity
• streamlining the process to access financial support relating to participation
• promoting the benefits of physical activity as a foundation for a healthy community
The partners believe that removing barriers to access and creating opportunities and conditions where everyone can thrive is a shared responsibility. We recognize that as community leaders we will continue to build partnerships at the local level to remove barriers and create opportunities for everyone, especially low-income individuals and families, to join in!
is a project developed to ensure all people in Northumberland have the opportunity to participate
in recreation activities without barriers.